Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wedding Tastings

My job title as the "research & development chef" goes way beyond my job description.  I do everything from making staff lunch (to feed about 80 people) to catering large parties to cooking for wedding tastings. 

Most wedding tastings consist of impressing only 2-5 people...howeverrrr the wedding tasting I worked on last week was for about 40 people.  We fed them plenty of hor do'erves, samples from what would be a "station" during cocktail hour, a couple of different salads, and some entrees.  Overall they were pleased with what they were presented! 

Sooo lets start with hor do'erves ( I forgot to take pictures of some... its a fast paced environment so I'm lucky I snapped these photos!!!

-Prosciutto melon skewers with a balsamic glaze:

Beef skewers (I totally forget what we rolled them with.. woops):

Mini crab cakes with chipotle aioli:
Some crazy Indian "meatball" I had to make... I think it's actually called a "cutlet" .. One of the weirder recipes I've had to make..  Turned out okay though!


An hor do'erve sampler platter:
Mini spinach and cheddar quiches:
Ceviche, which I made with sea bass:
This one is my absolute favorite and a classic at Merri-makers.. Martini shrimp with cocktail sauce and horseradish cream... YUM I looove this one!!
Lamb chop station.. served with garlic mashed potatoes and a balsamic demi glace:
One of the salads with berries, white chocolate shavings, a homemade breadstick, and a vanilla bean vinaigrette:
The other salad consisted of wine poached pears, gorgonzola, candied pecans, and a raspberry vinaigrette:
I didn't get a picture of all the main dishes either.. we had a mixture of steak, chicken, and fish dishes (up to 3 different fish dishes!).. Heres the Cod with a white wine, lemon caper sauce, asparagus and a boursin cheese potato:
Gorgonzola filet mignon.. A demi glace was soon added to this..
Soo I'm pretty bummed that I didnt get a picture of dessert... That's because I made the BEST bread pudding EVER!  Not joking..

I made a sheet tray of chocolate chip bread pudding and cut small rounds out of it for dessert.  I plated that with my wonderful salted caramel sauce, along with a small ramekin of vanilla bean creme brulee, and a fresh fruit cup with whipped cream... The perrrfect dessert sampler (if you ask me!)

I like doing the wedding tastings because it allows a little creativity (with new hor do'erves, plating etc). 

1 comments:

RG said...

Like - Rachael Graham

Post a Comment