Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

New apartment, new buddy

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

This past week has been a very busy one! Last Sunday I moved into my new apartment! I was extremely lucky with the timing of my move because I was able to snag some nice furniture from my parent's house, which they are selling. My apt is now beautifully furnished and already feels like home (thanks mom and dad for all your help!!!!)

Last Friday I had my parents, brother, and his girlfriend over for a small cocktail housewarming party. Well, I wouldn't actually call it a party, as it was only 4 people and lasted about an hour (we had dinner reservations at MJ's!)

Here's a picture of my kitchen:
I have several of "bon appetit" signs throughout and plan to post a larger one on the big wall over my culinary diploma:
My dining room is perfect except for the un-centered hanging lamp!
My sister donated her futon which is extremely comfortable.. and my lovely grandparents donated their recliner to complete my living room:
My TV stand was made by my grandpa for my parents very first apartment.. It holds a special place in my heart :)
I also have a pretty large balcony with a table and chairs, along with a couple of lounge chairs. My bedroom is furnished with most of my furniture from home and looks lovely. I still have some decorating to do and some pictures to hang!

Oh, but I don't live alone here.. Nope, I have a roommate. Her name is Lola
Also, check out my Easter post on my previous blog for basically the same re-cap as this past Easter.. Dumplings were a huge hit! http://culinaryschooldiaries.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-easter.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment