Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Big Kitchen

Today I left my tiny personal test kitchen and worked with the other big kids in the big kitchen. (I'm a big girl now!)
I worked in mass production for a different client that focuses on diet entrees (specifically dialysis friendly). It's really tough cooking in mass production..we were working on about 10-15 different meals and 200+ of each meal. I started out by making a couple of sauces for some meals (2 gallons each!). Then, I had to sear off brisket, short ribs, and pot roast in the large "tilt skillet".
I'll be braising these meats tomorrow and putting together all of the components of the meal for plating. It's important that we set up racks with every component of the meal with the accurate weights so that the plating crew can plate the entrees with ease.

Tomorrow I have a conference call with another client and then I'm off to the big girl kitchen to finish the production of the meals I worked on today. Is it the weekend yet????

0 comments:

Post a Comment